I find peace at www.jikoji.org
Prayers and Peace for the shooting victims and families at NYC shooting.
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.- Seymour Miller & Jill Jackson.
It is not enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” Peace is found within us if we believe on it, only then it would happen. -Eleanor Roosevelt.
Prayers and Peace for the shooting victims and families at Wisconsin Gurudwara.
“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. My wisdom flows from the Highest Source. I salute that Source in you. Let us work together for unity and love.”
Gandhi’s Prayer For Peace
Counting my blessings for a wonderful mother
1) Thank you Amma for always taking excellent good care of yourself. I love seeing you fit and healthy. You are my role model, and I completely agree with you “ health is wealth”.
2) Thank you Amma for always speaking to me about the importance of peace and nonviolence. I understand it better now.
3) Thank you Amma for always encouraging me to focus on getting good education and work.
4) Thank you Amma for always supporting “women empowerment”. I can still hear you say “All women need to be financially independent”.
5) Thank you Amma for working hard, so that I could have the education that you didn’t get to have.
6) Thank you Amma for always loving me, being kind to me and forgiving me.
7) Thank you Amma for helping me to learn Carnatic classical music. Today I very much enjoy listening to and appreciating world music.
8) Thank you Amma for spending awful amount of time talking to me, counseling me about life and such. Thank you for taking me with you to travel across India. Thank you for the movies we watched together. Thank you for all the cool, fun things we did together. Thank you for your precious time. I really appreciate it.
9) Thank you Amma for always being very optimistic, futuristic and positive. I love it.
10) Thank you for being my Mother. You are my best friend forever. I love you. A very happy 77th Birthday to you.
On my way driving back home from Skyline Boulevard, I heard on the radio, an English classic, Ralph Vaughan Williams – The Lark Ascending ..having a very best Sunday ever! Enjoy!
“We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious. If we smile at someone, he or she will smile back. And a smile costs nothing. We should plague everyone with joy. If we are to die in a minute, why not die happily, laughing? ”
― Swami Satchidananda, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
I am incredibly grateful to Louise Hay for all these fantastic affirmations she provides in her books, news letters and website. Honestly like everyone else, I struggle with my body image problem, I am no exception. I still worry about my eye glasses, big ears, my tummy, I am not being tall enough etc…..the list goes on and on 🙂 I found this beautiful piece of affirmations I am currently working on from a recent new-letter by Louise Hay. I wanted to share it with you. Hope it helps. Pass it on. Pay it forward.
I love my body exactly as it is.
I am my perfect weight.
I am my perfect size.
I eat only when I am truly hungry.
I am drawn only to foods that truly nourish my body.
I eat slowly.
I savor every bite.
I love to eat.
I release the fear of food.
Chewing every bite thoroughly, I stop the moment I am full.
I drink lots of water and herbal teas.
Every bite I eat is easily assimilated in my body.
Food flows through my body with ease.
Every morsel I eat rejuvenates my cells.
All the food I eat energizes me.
I breathe deeply as I eat and digest.
I eliminate any excess with ease.
I love to exercise.
I love walking briskly.
I have respect and a high regard for myself.
I balance my life around work, rest, and play.
I support, love, and accept myself unconditionally.
I am happy and peaceful beyond my wildest dreams.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Phir milenge chalte chalte …until next time…love you all!