Self-worth is measured upon bedrock of creative action well taken –Julia Cameron.
We live in a digitally connected, high mobile user, high-tech, and high stress world. Self- care is often ignored until one experiences a healthcare emergency, a heart attack, or hospitalization and such. In order to live a purpose driven life, excellent self-care of “Kartha” the doer is extremely important. I believe in mind, body, heart, spirit and finances – holistic health. There are just a few Zen Habits – Daily habits that work for me, in keeping myself, somewhat balanced and sane. Today I am going to share them with you.
- Practice daily meditation, twice a day, 40-20 minutes without fail. Meditation practice should be your number one priority in a day before you start your day.
2. Work eight hours a day – creative action, make a list of things to do, take action, strike each item at the end of the day. Results are automatic. Your focus of attention should be on creative action.
3. Walk minimum 40 minutes, every day.
4. Write three pages, daily journal, morning pages, It takes about 20 minutes every morning, I also write action list/task list for the day, keeping adding action items to it during the day.
5. Do YinYoga, daily practice either go to an yin class or do it at home.
6. Read a book.
7. Watch what I eat, log everything I eat in “Myfitnesspal” app. Eat in moderation.
8. Sleep Seven to eight hours a day, have a strict sleep schedule, take naps over the weekends, catch up with lost sleep.
Hope the list was helpful and some of you want to try a few items from the list. I strongly advise you to try meditation practice, the top number one action item from the list. Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.