Nice morning! I went for my walk at Campbell Community Center Track. I made friends with two runners Juan and a lady. They both offered to coach me to run a half marathon. I love this American spirit. Random strangers become buddies for a common cause. God bless all those Angels, Teacher’s that come my way and teach me the things I need to survive and thrive. God bless America. It feels fantastic to live here 🙂
If you want to be happy, be.- Leo Tolstoy.
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. – Groucho Marx.
Attitude is 200% of how we handle life and all it brings. Work Hard, play hard and smile even harder! – Jacob Atkins.
If you keep a smile on your face, you’ll always know where it is.:) – Susan Gale.
The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.- Benjamin Franklin.
When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy. – Samuel Goldwyn.
Life’s greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.-Victor Hugo.
Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed. – unknown.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha.
The art of living does not consist in preserving and clinging to a particular mode of happiness, but in allowing happiness to change its form without being disappointed by the change; happiness, like a child, must be allowed to grow up. – Charles L. Morgan.
Counting my blessings for a wonderful mother
1) Thank you Amma for always taking excellent good care of yourself. I love seeing you fit and healthy. You are my role model, and I completely agree with you “ health is wealth”.
2) Thank you Amma for always speaking to me about the importance of peace and nonviolence. I understand it better now.
3) Thank you Amma for always encouraging me to focus on getting good education and work.
4) Thank you Amma for always supporting “women empowerment”. I can still hear you say “All women need to be financially independent”.
5) Thank you Amma for working hard, so that I could have the education that you didn’t get to have.
6) Thank you Amma for always loving me, being kind to me and forgiving me.
7) Thank you Amma for helping me to learn Carnatic classical music. Today I very much enjoy listening to and appreciating world music.
8) Thank you Amma for spending awful amount of time talking to me, counseling me about life and such. Thank you for taking me with you to travel across India. Thank you for the movies we watched together. Thank you for all the cool, fun things we did together. Thank you for your precious time. I really appreciate it.
9) Thank you Amma for always being very optimistic, futuristic and positive. I love it.
10) Thank you for being my Mother. You are my best friend forever. I love you. A very happy 77th Birthday to you.
I am getting tired of sarcasm and the small talk to slim down and workout from friends and family. Everyone seems to advice me, as though what I do to keep myself 100% healthy is not enough, even though my doctor tells me I am in excellent health and she would give an A+. I am happy being me, myself, content where I am at in my life, joyful, cheerful, peaceful most of the time. Here is what I have to say. Please let me be me, I am that I am, Aham Brahmasmi.
“We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious. If we smile at someone, he or she will smile back. And a smile costs nothing. We should plague everyone with joy. If we are to die in a minute, why not die happily, laughing? ”
― Swami Satchidananda, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
I really like this song…kinda weird sad song but I really love it ..has New Zealand singer Kimbra in it. Hope you like it too.
A better alternative to meditation is to listen to Eckhart and be fully present.
Happy Father’s day! Have a good weekend.
Inspiration from India that stays in my heart…..
niscalitatvam jiivanmuktih -Bhajagovindam by Adi Shankaracharya.
In a state of satsanga, good company, (comes) non-attachment; in non-attachment, a state beyond confusion; in truth beyond confusion, motionlessness; in motionlessness, living freedom.
Practice meditation, keep God, Almighty, as good company I say to myself but not always easy.
Have a good day!