Here is a list of few things that made me smile in the last twenty-four hours. Dear Reader! share with me what made you smile today?
1) Lighting Deepam/a small candle in my living room in the morning and every evening makes me smile.
2) Fond memories of my mother rushing through her morning getting ready to get to work every day but never forgetting to light Deepam, makes me smile every time I think of it.
3) When my son says mom I am hungry, but hungry for Chocolate Sandwich. Yum! I can’t wait to eat it.
4) Making delicious “Vankai pachi pachadi ” (roasted Eggplant/ Aubergine seasoned in Indian spices) served with rice for brunch, a treat for myself. My heart is filled with memories of a rainy night when my Mother was roasting each on the stove top and serving us and us (the kids) asking for more until she finally declared that she ran out of them.
5) I ran into a kiwi to-day. Yes! A fellow New Zealander.
6) At the thought that Campbell is a wonderful town, multicultural and kid’s friendly community.
7) Listening to Bryan Adams on KOIT/96.5 FM.
8) Google helped us to find the address for Santa, North pole. http://www.santaclaushouse.com/
9) Playing board game “sorry”with my son 🙂
10) A little prayer my son and I do thanking Almighty for the nice day and asking to bless us with beautiful dreams and a wonderful day the next day. This is my American version of a “Sloka” my Grand mother taught me when I was little, I can still remember it, “Ramaskandam, Hanumantham, vinateyam”….
11) My son reminding me “Hey Mom! Don’t forget to say good night God”.
Share with me what made you smile today?